The staffing industry continues to grow and provide value to clients across every level of government and every type of industry. Our services are used for many and varied reasons, so here are just ten reasons why we exist.
“Thirty-six percent of global employers are having difficulty filling jobs. This percentage has increased for the second consecutive year and is at its highest level since 2007.” Manpower 2014 Global Talent Shortage Survey
- Broad reach. The staffing industry spend their days looking for talent, talking to talent, receiving resumes from talent and building databases that track that talent. Our clients take advantage of that reach which most would have difficulty achieving themselves.
- Focused. We find great people, quickly and economically. That is our core competence… our clients are focused on their core competence. I don’t try to build pipelines, provide telecommunication services or manage people’s money. Our clients get professionals to help them with their staffing needs.
- Fast. Our clients need talent now, and that is exactly what we do.
- Cost effective. Some people have trouble with this, but paying a staffing company is an extremely cost effective way to recruit. Your people stay focused on what your company does. A fast hire means faster productivity. The cost of the client’s time and the improved productivity of their teams makes it a no brainer from a cost perspective.
- Strengthen teams. I blogged about this recently, but our clients use our services to proactively improve the quality of their teams. They replace poor performers with top talent… a huge win.
- Fill a gap. One of the most obvious uses of staffing services. A maternity leave replacement, a project that needs to be done, a short term increase in demand… all serviced by your staffing provider.
- Flexibility. Clients want to test run projects, have flexibility in their staffing levels, meet short term demands. There are any number of reasons why a well run company wants to have this kind of flexibility.
- Market knowledge. Staffing companies know what people are making in the market, know who else is looking for those people, understands what their client needs to do… and brings that knowledge and expertise to the table.
- Anonymity. Clients sometimes need to strengthen their teams through “head hunting”. They don’t want their name associated with the calls going out into the marketplace, so they use staffing companies and search companies.
- Easy. Like any services industry, we need to make life easier for our clients. They give us their hiring problems and we make them go away. Easy.
“More than 50 percent of global employers reporting talent shortages say the shortages significantly impact their ability to meet client needs. Forty percent of employers say shortages reduce their competitiveness / productivity.” Manpower 2014 Global Talent Shortage Survey
As “middle men” recruiters have been written off with the dawn of the internet and with the availability of apps on mobile devices. Some people don’t appreciate the depth of value our industry brings, despite the obvious impacts of skills and labor shortages, globalization, technological innovation and increased competition.
One final quote for the sceptics, from another staffing guy, Greg Savage, who says “Technology will never replace recruiters. Ever. Talent is not an online commodity.” I agree!