“At age 20, we worry about what others think of us. At age 40, we don’t care what they think of us. At age 60, we discover they haven’t been thinking of us at all.” Ann Landers
Some people even use their age as an excuse. They might say …
- I’m too old to do something new.
- You can’t teach an old dog new tricks.
- I’ll leave all <that> for the young ones.
These kinds of statements can come from people that really are NOT that old!
Here is what I know …
- You are never too old to try something new.
- Age is no barrier to learning something new.
- There are young people with an “old” outlook, and there are “older people” with a young outlook.
Some supporting facts …
- Grandma Moses began painting at age 75!
- Colonel Sanders started his chicken franchises when he was 65!
- Ronald Reagan became President of the USA when he just shy of his 70th birthday.
- Peter Roget invented the Thesaurus at age 73!
“Aging is not lost youth but a new stage of opportunity and strength.” Betty Friedan
Don’t limit your options based upon “a number”, instead decide what YOU could do with the rest of your life!
Kevin Dee is founder of Eagle (a Professional Staffing Company)
Want to know where Canada’s hot jobs are? Visit the Eagle Job Centre!
Have you tried Eagle’s (very cost effective) VirtualRecruiter service?