Four examples ….
- On a grand scale we take our situation for granted with our “first world” problems.
We live in an instant-everything kind of world. Instant information, music, sports, food, entertainment, friends … you name it, you can get access to it instantaneously.
Yet more than half the world’s population, more than 3 billion people, live on less than $2.50 a day.
2. Even living in the “first world” environment, there are “haves” and “have nots”.
We take our situation for granted working in modern companies. We work in jobs that provide us with an ever growing list of benefits … guaranteed income levels, flexible working conditions, additional health benefits, extra time off, social events, special recognition of work achievements and on and on.
At the same time many, many people work multiple jobs to make ends meet, earn minimum wage or live hand to mouth. Homelessness and poverty are abundant even in our rich society.
3. At a personal level we take the people in our lives for granted.
It is often the people closest to us that we take for granted. Our immediate family, for whom we would “walk on hot rocks”, yet we also mistreat them for trivial arguments. We often forget to tell people how we feel about them, generating regret when the relationship sours or worse, they are no longer here!
4. Also at a personal level we take our health for granted.
We don’t get regular check ups, we don’t work out enough, we eat poorly, and adopt poor lifestyle habits. At some point it all catches up and again we are left with regrets.
- DON”T take your life for granted, appreciate what you have!
- Be PROACTIVE in driving your life to be a life with few regrets.
- LIVE life, enjoy life and be kind to others.
“No matter how good or bad you have it, wake up each day thankful for your life. Someone somewhere else is desperately fighting for theirs.” Marc and Angel
Kevin Dee is the founder and Chairman of Eagle (a Professional Staffing Company)
Want to know where Canada’s hot jobs are? Visit the Eagle Job Board!
Have you tried Eagle’s (very cost effective) Virtual Recruiter service?