- They "Just Do It". How refreshing when you ask for something to be done that the person just gets the job done!
- They are productive, whether it is in the office or working from home ... and you know they are doing what they need to do.
- They want to work. They don't look for excuses not to work, and it shows in their output.
- They smile. Not a hard thing, but definitely more rare than it should be!
- They have a sense of urgency about them.
- They want to learn. They ask questions, have an open mind and take every opportunity to understand "why"?
- They are willing to help others.
- They don't complain about stuff, they make positive suggestions.
Back to Resource Centre
Attitude is a huge factor when hiring a new employee. The right attitude is much more important than even work experience or the "technical skills" to do a job.
It is sometimes hard to define what is meant by that term "good attitude". If you have a sunny disposition does that mean you have a good attitude? If you are generally a "glass half full" person, or someone who is conscientious, or someone who is nice to little old ladies ... then are you someone with the right attitude?
For me, as a business owner, people with "the right attitude" display certain characteristics.