Often with my blog entries I try to share some experience or thoughts that I think might be of interest. it can however get a little heavy sometimes, so every now and then I try to lighten up a bit!
Everyone is stressed and working hard so I thought it might be useful to learn some lessons through humour! I found the following true stories from a website in Guelph, Ontario for Art supplies. So enjoy the jokes and I’ll add my lessons below …
1.WILL THE REAL DUMMY PLEASE STAND UP?
AT&T fired President John Walter after nine months, saying he lacked
intellectual leadership. He received a $26 million severance package.
Perhaps it’s not Walter who’s lacking intelligence.
2.WITH A LITTLE HELP FROM OUR FRIENDS: Police in Oakland, California spent two hours attempting to subdue a gunman who had barricaded himself inside his home. After firing ten tear gas canisters, officers discovered that the man was standing beside them in the police line, shouting,” Please come out and give yourself up.”
3.WHAT WAS PLAN B??? An Illinois man, pretending to have a gun, kidnapped a motorist and forced him to drive to two different automated teller machines, wherein the kidnapper proceeded to withdraw money from his own bank accounts.
4. THE GETAWAY! A man walked into a Topeka, Kansas Kwik Stop, and asked for all the money in the cash drawer. Apparently, the take was too small, so he tied up the store clerk and worked the counter himself for three hours until police showed up and grabbed him.
5. DID I SAY THAT??? Police in Los Angeles had good luck with a robbery suspect who just couldn’t control himself during a lineup. When detectives asked each man in the lineup to repeat the words: “Give me all your money or I’ll shoot,” the man shouted, “That’s not what I said!”
6. ARE WE COMMUNICATING?? A man spoke frantically into the phone, “My wife is pregnant and her contractions are only two minutes apart!” ”Is this her first child?” the doctor asked. “No!” the man shouted, “This is her husband!”
7. NOT THE SHARPEST TOOL IN THE SHED!! In Modesto, California, Steven Richard King was arrested for trying to hold up a Bank of America branch without a weapon. King used a thumb and a finger to simulate a gun, but unfortunately, he failed to keep his hand in his pocket.(hellllllooooooo!)
8. THE GRAND FINALE (I LOVE THIS ONE!!!) Last summer, down on Lake Isabella, located in the high desert, an hour east of Bakersfield, California, some folks, new to boating, were having a problem. No matter how hard they tried, they couldn’t get their brand new 22 ft. boat going. It was very sluggish in almost every maneuver, no matter how much power was applied. After about an hour of trying to make it go, they putted to a nearby marina, thinking someone there could tell them what was wrong. A thorough topside check revealed everything in perfect working condition. The engine ran fine, the out drive went up and down, and the prop was the correct size and pitch. So, one of the marina guys jumped in the water to check underneath. He came up choking on water, he was laughing so hard.
NOW REMEMBER… THIS IS TRUE …
Under the boat, still strapped securely in place, was the trailer.
5 Lessons from this humour!
1. If you smiled at any or all of these stories then you still have a sense of humour … in these times that is good to know!
2. If you smiled then think about it … did it feel good? Smiling will make you feel better so take time every day to smile!
3. When you read these stories you realize that there are probably a lot of people in the world who are dumber than you … so keep working hard and you’ll leave them in your dust!
4. If you are looking for work it seems that AT&T pay well!
5. If you write a blog, are struggling for today’s content then just plagiarize someone else’s stuff and add some commentary!
I’m off to a charity event in support of the Boys and Girls Club tonight, hopefully I’m more inspired tomorrow … or maybe this type of content is more palatable than some of my regular “rants”.