There are only 3 ways to get a job ...
1. You go out and find one yourself.
2. You get one through the government programs ... good luck if you are looking for something at a professional level (Note: I am not talking about applying to the Government. I am talking about government programs that help people find jobs).
3. You get one through the STAFFING INDUSTRY.
Let's talk about applying yourself ...
- You don't necessarily know who is hiring, many companies don't advertise their jobs.
- You likely won't have any inside knowledge of the environment, so you apply cold.
- You will likely be one of many applicants.
- If you are successful there is a good chance that you could have found something better, but you won't ever know it.
- It IS a good way to get a job, if you can find one.
How about getting a job through a government program ... I don't have much to say about this because I don't see it working too much.
OK then what about Staffing Companies ...
- They have the inside track on available jobs
- There is a full range of services from Executive search, through to temporary engagements.
- Their core business is finding work for people and people for the work.