- Write down what you need to get done ... it can be on paper or electronic, as long as it works for you!
- Assign some sort of priority to the list ... it can be as simple or as complex as suits you.
- Work through the stuff that you need to do.
- Cross off the items you get done.
- Add to the list as more stuff needs doing.
Back to Resource Centre
I write about personal productivity or time management every now and then ... its a subject that I have "studied" for many years. Its also a subject that can make a tremendous difference in anyone's career ... BUT we are all a little different, and the same techniques don't always work for us.
At its core, time management is really quite simple ... make sure you get as much "stuff" done, as efficiently as possible while focusing on the most important items first.
There are lots of reasons o try and be efficient ... they can range from the very rudimentary "wanting to get through work so as to get back to the real life"; through career aspirations; or even because of the sense of fulfillment people get from accomplishing things.
Whatever your motivation, there are a few basics: