Currently I am attending the 2011 ACSESS Conference in Montreal … the first “industry speaker” was Neil Lebovits, ex-executive with ADECCO/Ajilon and current industry trainer.
His presentation was relevant to our industry, with plenty of stories that we could all relate to … but also applicable to any company really. Employee engagement and the leadership needed to get that engagement are industry agnostic … and I enjoyed his presentation.
A couple of thoughts from Neil … that I obviously support:
A. The 7 Step Leadership Model
1. Clarify the vision … it all starts here!!!
2. Define the purpose … why do your people come to work every day?
3. Intense personal accountability … from the top to the bottom!
4. Competence … leads to confidence, so give them the tools.
5. Empathy … good leaders need to understand their people.
6. Servanthood … great leaders serve, and are seen to serve!
7. CLEAR direction, expectations and communication!
A good roadmap to see if you are on the right path to be a great leader!
B. Neil says “Don’t be THIS kind of Boss”
A “buddy” boss.
A Deluded boss.
A Military Commander boss … works in military-like organizations, not so much in 21st century businesses employing 4 different generations.
A “fear mongering” boss.
An absentee or abdicating boss.
A hypocritical boss.
Good insights … do you see any part of yourself there?
Good session, lots covered in an hour … think I would like to see more of Neil’s stuff!