Your job is important to you. You want to do your best … and so do those around you.
However sometimes things WILL go wrong … and it is how you react then that will define you, much more than how you react when things are going well.
If you are a leader, and things go wrong in a business situation here are some things you will need to bring to mind …
1. Unless someone’s life/health is at risk, it probably isn’t the end of the world;
2. It will go better next time, and there will be a next time;
3. There are likely to be VERY sensitive people around you who need to be reassured;
4. A little (sensitive) levity will reduce a whole bunch of tension;
5. Accepting responsibility for a problem is a show of strength … don’t play the blame game.
6. Remember that you are definitely NOT the only person this has happened to … and they all survived!
Learn from it, put it behind you and move on!