If YOU can figure out the answer to that question then life will be much more enjoyable.
It may seem too easy but based on my life experiences I think many people have trouble with this.
Here are a few things to think about:
1. There is ALWAYS something to be grateful for.
2. Even if one part of your life has some challenges it doesn’t mean the rest of your life needs to follow.
3. Helping others is a GREAT way to feel good about yourself.
4. YOU have total control over whether you are happy or not.
5. If you have not figured out what makes you happy … then get on that!
6. If you have figured out what makes you happy and you don’t know what to do about it … then start small.
7. Look for the good in everything … do NOT look for the problems.
8. Judge your life based on your own experiences … do not be envious of others.
9. Make a list of things to be grateful for … and add to it constantly. The great country we live in, the blue sky on a -30C day, the friends we have, the family we have, the pay cheque we get … on and on and on!
10. Smile, even when you don't feel like it!
“The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don’t have.”
Kevin Dee is the founder of Eagle (a Professional Staffing Company)
Want to know where Canada's hot jobs are? Visit the Eagle Job Board!
I write these articles with the intent of sharing MY experience and knowledge gained during MY life journey. From the 16 year old joining the Royal Navy, through many incarnations, to the grey haired guy who built a business. If you find a nugget here, then I am happy. If the message offends you then I apologise, that was never my intent. I know and recognize there are many people and groups who have a far bigger challenge than I have had and I only wish you well.