Summer IS the season for vacations.
This Summer people have a pent up demand to take time off as pandemic restrictions ease.
Along with that comes the old sales excuse that the clients are all away on vacation, so clearly the salesperson can’t be expected to
have as many client meetings;
sell as much as their manager expects; and
be expected to put in the same kind of hours as during those cold Winter months!
1. Client organisations still need to “get things done” during the Summer;
2. Not everyone goes away at the same time.
3. Not too many people take the whole Summer off.
4. If your circle of contacts is so small that they are all away at the same time it is a great time to get out and meet some new people.
5. Summer provides opportunity to walk outside to your client locations, have coffee on the sidewalk, drink a “cold one” on a patio; and, dare I even say it. get your BEST clients out for a game of golf.
6. Often there are times when clients may even have more time to meet during the Summer because some of their bosses, or direct reports, will be away too … reducing the demand on their time.
8. Shareholders and executives have an expectation of results ALL year around.
9. There are a million things any salesperson can be doing during a traditionally “slower” time!
10. Take advantage of the fact that some of your competition are slacking off and take some of their market share!
Bottom line: Your results are dictated by your effort … Do The Work!
“A dream does not become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work.”
Kevin Dee is the founder of Eagle (a Professional Staffing Company)
Want to know where Canada's hot jobs are? Visit the Eagle Job Board!
I write these articles with the intent of sharing MY experience and knowledge gained during MY life journey. From the 16 year old joining the Royal Navy, through many incarnations, to the grey haired guy who built a business. If you find a nugget here, then I am happy. If the message offends you then I apologise, that was never my intent. I know and recognize there are many people and groups who have a far bigger challenge than I have had and I only wish you well.