Call it Personal Productivity, call it Time Manage mentor just call it Common Sense but here are just ten reasons to get yourself organised.
1. You get more done… at work AND at home.
2. You can allot time to the things you WANT to do because you are getting the things done, that you NEED to do.
3. You will be more productive at work … which will translate into career development.
4. You will be more reliable to the people in your life… because you won’t forget “stuff”.
5. You will feel more in control … which reduces stress.
6. You will get satisfaction from the mere act of being organised… it feels good when you “knock off” those tasks.
7. You will get better at estimating how long things take and how much effort will be involved.
8. It will prepare you for management (or make you a better manager) … because you NEED to be organised enough to ensure your employees are organised!
9. You can enhance your networks by being “the organised one” who actually gets people together.
10. You enhance the professionalism of your personal brand.
Just do it!
Here is a link to Ten Productivity Blog Entries of mine that might give you an idea or two about getting more organised.