- If we are not concentrating on what we are doing then the chance of being surprised increases.
- Sometimes a reminder is as important as learning something new.
- If we can be easily distracted in unimportant situations, what can we do to be more focused when it is actually important.
- It is OK to make mistakes ... as long as our attitude is good.
- It would be easy to let little things like this upset us, so remember to keep things in perspective.
- Don't follow others direction blindly ... engage brain first!
- We need to know our weaknesses and act accordingly in those situations.
- The importance of focus is relative. When I am riding my motorbike I can't afford to let my brain wander!
- Accept and learn from mistakes, big or little. Perhaps a small lesson here might avoid a big lesson later!
- We can learn lessons from any situation ... if we want to.
Back to Resource Centre
We all make little mistakes in life, maybe even on a regular basis. We put keys in a pocket and then wear something else to work ... oops no office key! We are busy talking when driving and end up going the wrong way. We forget to put a belt on when we get dressed, or wear the wrong color shoes. None of these "mistakes" are a big deal, but they are opportunities to learn, to reflect and to react in way that is appropriate.
"A man must be big enough to admit his mistakes, smart enough to profit from them, and strong enough to correct them." John C. Maxwell
The biggest lesson here is that we can learn from literally any situation, if we are willing to put some thought into it. Here are 10 thoughts: