- Always make time for your friends and family.
- Choose a career that you will find fulfilling.
- Push yourself to live up to your potential.
- Do not be envious of other people's lives.
- Have a plan for your life.
- Be nice to people.
- Don't take yourself too seriously.
- Always be learning and growing.
- Make time for have some fun.
- Get involved and give back.
Back to Resource Centre
Recently I attended a retirement party for a friend that I have known for more than 25 years. It was a great time and I was able to catch up with a number of people I had not seen in some time, plus meet some new and interesting people.
There were a lot of people at that party and it was very evident how well my friend is regarded by people at all levels, from the very top executives down.
One of my friend's quotes says "Looking back, I am concluding that one of life's most rewarding moments is when you run into people on their knees and you are able to lean over and lift them up."
For me it was a great reminder of what is truly important in life, and my friend embodies so many of those values.
Here are 10 tips on living a good life, based on his experiences: