- Customise messages as much as possible.
- Try to demonstrate a difference ... it could be a charitable commitment or something people care about.
- Don't just send the same old card/message with a bunch of signatures ... does anyone pay attention to those?
Back to Resource Centre
If you are in sales then you typically want to grow your network and improve the quality of relationships with each of those people in your network.
It is just common sense, the more people that you deal with the more opportunities that become open to you.
The better relationship you have with those people then the more chance that they will WANT to do business with you.
So all salespeople should be constantly working on those two objectives (a) meeting new people, and (b) improving their relationship with the people they know.
"You don't close a sale, you open a relationship if you want to build a long-term, successful enterprise." Patricia Fripp
At this time of year there is a somewhat unique opportunity to make some headway with both of those goals. Here are some ideas for you:
1. December can mean a slight slowdown in activity with some clients. Don't assume this is the case, but there may be an increased opportunity to meet people this month. Take advantage of that.
2. Many people will send holiday cards or messages to their clients. Take advantage of that opportunity.