- I had to convince proposal writers to put in that extra effort so my proposals were the best they could be;
- I had to work with contracts professionals to address potential contractual concerns;
- I had to convince management that we had a good chance of winning, so that we would invest the effort in a bid;
- I had to convince technical management to put effort into the solution; and
- I would need to convince management that we could make money at the bid price.
Back to Resource Centre
As a young salesperson I was often reminded that is was important to sell "internally" just as much as I sold "externally'. There were lots of examples why, but generally they involved getting people onside with my sales situations.