|By Kevin Dee, Chairman of the Board at Eagle|
- NAFTA re-negotiations may have a negative impact on our economy;
- We don't yet understand all the implications of the Energy East project being cancelled;
- January in Ontario will see the introduction of Bill 148, a severe increase in minimum wage plus new labor laws that will hurt business and cost jobs;
- January we will see the introduction of new carbon taxes in Ontario;
- Our Federal Government is introducing new tax changes affecting small business, possibly to help pay for their out of control spending;
- At the same time that Canada is raising taxes, the US is encouraging small business through tax breaks, which may well cost Canada as some companies will be forced to go where they can make money.