I am often reminded of the power of enthusiasm!
If you visit or call into a company and the first person you engage with is chatty, welcoming and full of enthusiasm, it will have a positive impression:
It makes you feel good!
It puts you in a good mood about dealing with this organisation.
Imagine the power of that enthusiasm on the people that visit/call in your business?
"None are so old as those who have outlived enthusiasm."
Henry David Thoreau
Here are a few thoughts about the power of enthusiasm...
1. If one such meeting can have this kind of impact, imagine what is possible?
2. You do not need to be an entrepreneur to have a huge impact on those around you ... just exhibiting raw enthusiasm will work, whatever your job.
3. Anyone can adopt a positive attitude and make this kind of impression.
4. If you meet with clients in your role then this is an excellent, easy way for you to increase your success rate ... be enthusiastic!
5. Nobody wants to be around a "wet blanket" ... be aware of your body language, your voice and the general messages you deliver. Are you exhibiting a positive, energized attitude?
6. Make sure your client facing staffare representing the company with enthusiasm!
7. In my advice to people advancing their career I always suggest that they hang out with positive peopleand eliminate or severely restrict their interactions with the negative people in their lives. Negative people "suck your energy", positive people "feed that energy".
8. People choose to be happy or not. People choose to be positive or not. People choose to be enthusiastic or not. It comes easier to some, but everyone needs to work at it !
9. If you are a more positive person to those around you it is a fair bet that you will feel better about yourself too!
10. You only live once ... why not be a positive force?
11. How you portray yourself to the world when you are at work should NOT reflect your mood, it should be the professional image that you cultivate!
What can YOU do to be more enthusiastic every day?
Walk Fast and Smile!
"When you are joyful, when you say yes to life and have fun and project positivity all around you, you become a sun in the center of every constellation, and people want to be near you."
Shannon L. Alder