We all know that we are supposed to look after ourselves.
We should exercise regularly.
We should eat healthy foods.
We should limit our vices ... alcohol in particular.
However for many people the reality of knowing that and doing it are two different things!
We COULD get there if we managed that change such that it was evolutionary rather than revolutionary!
1. You only live once ... unless you have differing religious views, but generally speaking even if you are coming back you won't remember this "journey".
2. If you look after yourself, then you can enjoy this journey better ... if you are in shape you can do so much more than if you are out of shape.
3. We all enter this world much the same, so it is what we do thereafter that messes us up.
4. It really doesn't take too much to improve your health ... which usually means you will live longer, and enjoy it more.
I think a Basic Action Plan might look like this:
Commit to doing something ... I will make a meaningful positive impact on my health over the next 30 days.
Set some goals:
1.I will exercise 6 days a week. I will achieve this over the next 6 months, but in the next 30 days I will exercise 3 days a week. (Add one day every two months after that). Exercise just means some kind of physical activity. It will depend on you, how much, and to what level of intensity. It could be a 20 minute walk at a brisk pace ... or it could be marathon training.
2. I will improve my diet. In the next 30 days I will eat less of the bad stuff and more of the good stuff. Add more fruit and vegetables, reduce the fries, burgers, chips and cookies. (You don't neeed to remove all bad stuff, just eat less of it)
3. Get a checkup ... blood pressure, cholesterol etc. Understand what shape your body is in.
4.Learn about exercise/health etc understand the many options that you can use to improve your health.
See how you feel in 30 days!
If you have seen gains then keep it going. Consider what else you might do ... a trainer, join a gym, learn new recipes etc.
Life is way too short to feel bad, and if you abuse your body for any length of time you WILL feel it!
“Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live in.”