We are bombarded with emails all day every day!
We get it from Social media too … people trying to get our attention!
If its not emails and social media we are getting SPAM texts … along with the many other “instant” communication tools!
We ALL feel that way ... and if you are a salesperson then understanding that feeling might just help you get noticed!
How can you get your message heard in ALL of that “NOISE”?
If you think about what gets your attention …
1. It would be a SUBJECT that you are interested in;
2. You might have chosen the sender as someone you wanted to hear from. (I have favorites like Seth Godin, Simon Sinek etc)
3. The message might gives you something different … humor, important data, inside scoop etc.
4. It is almost a given that the message is NOT GENERIC.
So … turn that around and you might be on to something.
If you have a message that you want to deliver, then your best chances of success are if you can:
1. Identify a very targeted audience… do NOT try to be all things to all people;
2. Have a subject that that specific audience might find interesting; and
3. Make sure that your message brings some value!
4. Try new things so that your messages are not generic and offer something different.
Getting the attention of people is very hard, so if you are not working just as hard to make that happen then you are not going to be successful.
It is fun getting creative.
It is rewarding when your hard work pays off.
“There are no free lunches” and “The harder I work the luckier I get” are two phrases that are popular for a reason!
Your success in sales will depend ion your willingness to do the work and to connect with people.
Don't be boring.
Don't be a pest.
Do the work ... and reap the rewards.
"A dream doesn't become reality through magic: it takes sweat, determination and hard work."
Kevin Dee is the founder of Eagle (a Professional Staffing Company)
Want to know where Canada's hot jobs are? Visit the Eagle Job Board!
I write these articles with the intent of sharing MY experience and knowledge gained during MY life journey. From the 16 year old joining the Royal Navy, through many incarnations, to the grey haired guy who built a business. If you find a nugget here, then I am happy. If the message offends you then I apologise, that was never my intent. I know and recognize there are many people and groups who have a far bigger challenge than I have had and I only wish you well.