It is not that many years ago that the term “Personal Brand” did not exist! Back then we built a “reputation”, “beefed up our resume”, strove to be a “thought leader”, were careful of our “image” etc. However I like the all encompassing description of Personal Brand!
What can YOU do to enhance your Personal Brand?
1. Be a “thought leader” … share your knowledge.
2. Invest in yourself … never stop learning.
3. Learn … beyond your “technical area”. Professionals who truly understand how their technical skill impacts the business are most in demand.
4. Network … and not JUST people like you!
5. Dress for success!
6. Get involved in your community … charities, industry associations, kid’s sports etc.
7. Love what you do … you have to do it anyway so get your head into loving it!
8. Work hard … be known as someone who delivers!
9. Be positive … hang with positive people, think positive thoughts.
10. Be an interesting person … keep up with current affairs, have opinions, listen to others!
Its all about raising your profile, establishing a positive reputation and living up to it!
Kevin Dee is CEO of Eagle (a Professional Staffing Company)
Gain a competitive edge! Join Eagle’s Executive Consulting Network!
Find Canada’s top hot jobs, updated in real-time! Visit Eagle’s Job Centre!
Have you tried Eagle’s (very cost effective) VirtualRecruiter service?