If you go to a meeting and receptionist is outgoing, chatty, welcoming and full of enthusiasm, you notice it:
- It makes you feel good!
- It puts you in a good mood heading into any meeting.
- Imagine the power of that enthusiasm on the people that visit your business?
“None are so old as those who have outlived enthusiasm.” Henry David Thoreau
Here are a few thoughts about the power of enthusiasm…
1. If one meeting with one receptionist can have this kind of impact, imagine what is possible?
2. You do not need to be an entrepreneur to have a huge impact on those around you … just exhibiting raw enthusiasm will work, whatever your job.
3. Anyone can adopt a positive attitude and make this kind of impression.
4. If you meet with clients in your role then this is an excellent, easy way for you to increase your success rate … be super energetic!
5. Nobody wants to be around a “wet blanket” … be aware of your body language, your voice and the general messages you deliver. Are you exhibiting a positive, energized attitude?
6. If you have client facing staff that are low energy, negative people then you probably want to think hard about whether you need to replace them with people who can represent your company the way you want it represented … with enthusiasm!
7. In my advice to people advancing their career I always suggest that they hang out with positive people and eliminate or severely restrict their interactions with the negative people in their lives. Negative people “suck your energy”, positive people “feed that energy”.
8. People choose to be happy or not. People choose to be positive or not. People choose to be enthusiastic or not. FACT!
9. If you are a more positive person to those around you it is a fair bet that you will feel better about yourself too!
10. You only live once … why not be a positive force?
What can YOU do to be more enthusiastic every day?
Walk Fast and Smile!
“When you are joyful, when you say yes to life and have fun and project positivity all around you, you become a sun in the center of every constellation, and people want to be near you.” Shannon L. Alder
Kevin Dee is Chairman and founder of Eagle (a Professional Staffing Company)
Want to know where Canada’s hot jobs are? Visit the Eagle Job Centre!
Have you tried Eagle’s (very cost effective) VirtualRecruiter service?