Some time ago I wrote a blog entry about “execution as a strategy”, based on a Harvard article, and suggesting that superior execution can be a legitimate way to differentiate from competition.
At a time when the economy is beginning to falter and customers are looking at tightening their belts superior execution becomes even more important.
What is superior execution?
It is …
• performing your daily job in the most efficient and productive manner possible;
• being TOTALLY focused on the high return aspects of your job;
• working every hour that you are supposed to be working and then some;
• ignoring the little things that distract you; and
• just taking your game “up a notch”!
This is a time to focus on delivering on your strategy … this is not a time to be implementing a new strategy, UNLESS that strategy is EXECUTION!