Some might define success as having a balanced life, enough money, a challenging job, good relationships and a manageable amount of stress. OR they could define success any way they like.
NOTHING comes without a price. You need to EARN that success.
It IS worth it! However there will always be things that will distract you …
- Your personal life when you are at work.
- Your work life when you are at home.
- Video games, pokemon Go, excess TV and other such distractions.
- Facebook, Twitter and the 101 other social media sites.
- Your smart phone, with warnings about emails AND texts AND news AND sports scores etc.
- Your colleagues latest drama.
- Anything that looks remotely interesting that might distract you from real, hard work.
What do you NEED to do?
Focus on what you should be focused on!
“Never confuse motion with action.” Ben Franklin
- When at work … work!
- When with your family … focus on them.
- When out playing … play!
It is NOT easy. It should not BE easy.
It is VERY manageable if you are prepared to put in the work.
It is all in your hands.!
“Work is hard. Distractions are plentiful. And time is short.” Adam Hochschild
Kevin Dee is the founder of Eagle (a Professional Staffing Company)
Want to know where Canada’s hot jobs are? Visit the Eagle Job Board!
Have you tried Eagle’s (very cost effective) Virtual Recruiter service?