Most likely you have a busy life, juggle priorities, work hard and have commitments that fill your days.
You never have time to sit back and “smell the roses” or to focus on the good things in your life.
Here is the thing … when something unexpected happens that is a feel good thing, it forces you to actually enjoy it, however briefly.
Given that it has that effect on you, why not do it for someone else?
Why not do it for a few people?
It doesn’t need to be a big thing.
It should be spontaneous and unexpected … it should be something the person will enjoy.
It might just result in a “pay it forward” type wave of “feel good” actions that makes our world a better place.
Here are some ideas …
2. Send someone a digital card … very easy to do, with a nice message.
3. Send someone a small gift.
4. Send your spouse a gift at work.
5. Send you parents a picture (maybe in a frame) that you know they would enjoy … attach a small note.
6. Give someone a coffee card.
7. Buy coffee for the person behind you in the coffee shop.
8. Drop $5 with a homeless person who is selling the newspapers that support them.
9. Pay a visit to a relative that you rarely see.
10. Shovel the snow for your neighbour.
Go ahead, make SOMEONE’s day!
Kevin Dee is Chairman and founder of Eagle (a Professional Staffing Company)
Want to know where Canada’s hot jobs are? Visit the Eagle Job Centre!
Have you tried Eagle’s (very cost effective) VirtualRecruiter service?