One opportunity for us as salespeople right now is to improve our network. We can both increase the number of contacts that we have, and improve the relationship we enjoy with those contacts.
“You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you.” Dale Carnegie
Right NOW we need to put the pedal to the metal and be our busiest ever! So we can leave the competition in the dust!
Some tips …
1. Be diligent about your “To Do list”.
2. Use your calendar … and fill it up with meetings. Zoom meetings, phone meetings and soon socially distanced meetings!
3. Be creative … regular phone meetings, virtual drinks, shared presentations, a walk outside.
4. Meet with anyone who might be an addition to your network … clients, prospective clients, influencers of clients, assistants to clients, receptionists at clients, accounts payable people at clients.
5. Send thoughtful messages to all of the people in your contact lists. Personalise them as much as possible … do not send mass boring “same as everyone else” emails!
6. Bring value to your network … share information or interesting articles; drop off goodies; allow them to participate in charitable activities; help them raise funds for their causes; get your company involved!
7. Introduce other people to your network … management, other members of your team, your accounting people, whoever makes sense.
8. Introduce members of your network to each other. Make thoughtful introductions.
9. Thank your clients for their business.
10. Thank your network for being your network.
“If people like you they’ll listen to you, but if they trust you they’ll do business with you.” Zig Ziglar
Just a few things that good salespeople are doing right now … will you be one of them?
Kevin Dee is founder of Eagle (a Professional Staffing Company)
Want to know where Canada’s hot jobs are? Visit the Eagle Job Board!
Have you tried Eagle’s (very cost effective) Virtual Recruiter service?