We might assume that we are too old or too young … for whatever endeavor we are attempting.
We might assume that we are too late or too early … for whatever we are attempting.
The reality is that the only real barrier to success is ourselves and we can be pretty good at creating reasons not to be successful!
Here are some things to consider if you think you are “too old” or “too young” for whatever you are doing …
1. Mozart was 7 years old when he published his first musical composition.
2. Harry Bernstein was in his 90s when he published his first best seller.
3. Yehudi Menuhim was 10 years old when solo’d at Carnegie Hall.
4. Benjamin Franklin was 81 years old when he helped write the US Constitution.
5. Grandma Moses was in her eighties when her painting career took off.
If you think its too late, or too tough the remember Abe Lincoln who suffered failed businesses (twice), a nervous breakdown, lost in a bid for congress (twice), lost in a bid for senate (twice), lost in a bid for Vice President before finally becoming President of the United States at age 51.
Don’t create barriers for yourself … if you really want it, then make it happen!
Kevin Dee is CEO of Eagle (a Professional Staffing Company)
Want to know where Canada’s hot jobs are? Visit the Eagle Job Centre!
Gain a competitive edge! Join Eagle’s Executive Consulting Network!
Have you tried Eagle’s (very cost effective) VirtualRecruiter service?