Eagle is assisting our client in the search for an experienced Accessibility Analyst for a 6-month contract starting immediately.
Experience Level: Intermediate to Expert
Certifications: CPWA, WAS, CPACC or equivalent in work experience
Software / Communication / Devices: Siteimprove, NVDA, JAWS, Talkback, VoiceOver, Jira, Confluence, TFS, Slack, WebEx, BETC, Excel, Word, Outlook, PC, Android, iOS
Must-Have Skills and Experience:
- Solid Accessibility Background (experience and/or education)
- Thorough understanding of WCAG 2.1 standards (Success Criteria, Level of Compliance A and AA, etc.)
- Competent using a screen reader to navigate web pages (NVDA)
- Competent using a screen reader on a mobile device
- Good understanding of HTML codes as it relates to Accessibility
- Expert knowledge of Aria elements, roles, landmarks, etc
- Excellent written & verbal communication
Role and Responsibilities:
- Analyze webpage to identify and document accessibility defects and delegate to developers to fix
- Interpret Siteimprove scans and differentiate between real and invalid defects
- Communicate clearly what needs to be fixed, and (when needed) why it's needed and suggestions on how to apply fi
- As the Accessibility Subject Matter Expert, able to give guidance to both internal and external teams
- Help establish Standards such as for web coding for accessibility
- Track Accessibility fixes progress
- Liaison with cross-functional teams (UX, Editorial, etc)
Role May also Include:
- Providing short education sessions for both internal and external teams
- Validate active and inactive webpages before fix
- Participate in meetings with developers to identify frequent accessibility errors
- In-depth knowledge of assistive technology, such as screen reader software/hardware devices
- Expertise in testing against WCAG and other applicable accessibility standards
- Experience training and educating other team members on accessibility standards
- Knowledge of user experience design (UX design) best practices, interactive design principles, guidelines, and relevant policies, including current web accessibility standards.
- Advance Knowledge of semantic HTML desired
- Experience in the appropriate use of ARIA markup desired
- Experience with NVDA, iOS VoiceOver, and/or Android Talkback, Advanced user of these tools is preferred
- Experience working in a cross-channel environment, including desktop/laptop, mobile, devices and brick-and-mortar locations.
- Experience collaborating with large teams
- Great communication, facilitation and presentation skills
- Ability to problem-solve and work independently
Don't waste time, this position will be filled quickly. Apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.