Eagle is assisting our client in need of an Application Developer DBMS for a long-term contract of the 24-month starting immediately. You will ensure the integrity, availability and performance of the DB2 database through continuous support & maintenance.
Key Skills for Application Developer DBMS:
- Proficiency in DB2 or equivalent relational database.
- Mastery of DB2 Utilities.
- Mastery of SQL.
- Proficiency in DB2 SQL Tuning.
- Proficiency in Relational Data Modeling.
- Proficiency in DB2 UDB System Tuning/Installation.
- Proficiency in architecting HA and DR Solutions HADR/TSA failover concepts
- for critical db2 DB servers
- Mastery in the Installation and upgrade of db2 database on 10.x/11.x
- The version under Linux/AIX platforms
- Must have HADR/TSA implementation experience
- Good scripting skills to automate regular DBA admin tasks
- In-depth understanding of Advanced Architectures (Multi-Node, HADR, TSA)
- Strong experience in configuring and troubleshooting HADR database
- Minimum Requirements
- Good problem-solving abilities.
- Ability and willingness to learn and extend skills.
As the Application Developer DBMS, you will be responsible for:
- Monitor, Capture, Analyze database performance and recommend tuning options for optimal operational efficiency.
- Perform/Assist in capacity planning, storage management, housekeeping and data maintenance activities.
- Perform database recovery and backup tasks on regular basis & ad-hoc
- Develop and maintain patches for database environments.
- Maintain database security and disaster recovery procedures.
- Perform troubleshooting and maintenance of multiple databases.
- Resolve any database issues in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Ensure regular health checks & monitoring, perform require corrective actions in case of any errors such as system/user errors.
- Support project activities when needed, providing detailed analysis & solutions.
- Decision-making in a clear and concise manner.
- Design, build, extract, document, debug, migrate and maintain complex database data and structures.
- Create and maintain a Logical Data Model.
- Build the Physical Data Model for DB2 from the Logical Data Model.
- Explore, evaluate, and develop solutions to complex database-related malfunctions.
Don't miss out on this opportunity, give us a call for more details and apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.
Eagle Professional Resources
Staff Placement Agency Permit Number: AP-2000200
Placement of Personnel and Recruitment of Temporary Foreign Workers Permit Number: AR-2000199
Eagle Temporary Staffing
Staff Placement Agency Permit Number: AP-2000204
Placement of Personnel and Recruitment of Temporary Foreign Workers Permit Number: AR-2000205