Eagle is assisting our client who has an excellent career opportunity. Our client is seeking to fill a permanent placement for a Cross-Platform & Innovation – Senior Software Engineer.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be to lead and collaborate with the team to architect, design and implement solutions to help solve complex Big Data problems. We are a team that builds generalized tools to empower our users to have easy access to large sets of data.
Assignment Length: Permanent
Assignment Starting; October
# of Openings: 1
Top skills for Cross-Platform & Innovation – Senior Software Engineer:
- The technology stack that is in place today:
- Scala and Java 12 for our back end microservices
- Deployed both in Azure and on Prem
- Netty, ZeroMQ, and raw sockets for remoting
- Apache Kafka and Apache Beam for streaming and distribution
- Google Protocol Buffers for serialization
- HDFS (Hadoop File System), Apache Hive, Apache Spark for scalable analytics
- Graphite, Datadog and Graphana for metrics
- Experience in designing, implementing, and supporting highly scalable data systems in Scala and/or Java.
- Experience with Hadoop-ecosystem technologies in particular MapReduce, Spark / Spark-SQL / Spark Streaming, Hive, YARN.
- Experience building and running large-scale data pipelines, including distributed messaging such as Kafka, data ingest to/from multiple sources to feed batch and/or near-real-time/steaming compute components.
- Experience in data modelling and data architecture optimized for big data patterns. (i.e., warehousing concepts; efficient storage and query on HDFS; data privacy and security techniques).
Desired Interpersonal Skills
- Takes great personal pride in building robust software
- Strong sense of ownership
- Passionate about programming and computer science
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Has strong customer focus
As the Cross-Platform & Innovation – Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be to lead and collaborate with the team to architect, design and implement solutions to help solve complex Big Data problems. We are a team that builds generalized tools to empower our users to have easy access to large sets of data. Some problems we tackle:
- Data agnostic approach to scaling data analytics
- Design and implement solutions (API) that are flexible enough to serve the dynamic nature of Data Science requirements.
Our client offers a competitive salary and full benefits, Don't wait to apply for this great career opportunity. Give us a call and speak to a recruiter today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.