Eagle is assisting our client in the search for a Data Scientist.
Assignment Length: 6-month contract
Assignment Starting; Immediately
# of Openings: 1
Top skills for Data Scientists:
- Background in Applied Math, Statistics, Physics, Engineering, or Computer Science; Advanced degree strongly preferred
- 5+ years of practical experience with data science and statistical analysis
- Experience with dashboard and reporting tools such as PowerBI, Tableau or Qlik
- Experience with deep learning tools such as Keras, TensorFlow or Theano is a plus
- Knowledge of developing and maintaining formal documentation that describes data and data structures including data modelling
- Familiarity with cloud-based data science platforms such as AWS (Sagemaker), Azure, GCP and the Linux operating system.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving experience paired with the ability to develop creative and efficient solutions; tolerance in dealing with bad quality data
- A clear understanding of different data domains in operations and has experience in master data management
- Goal-oriented and flexible with a proven track record in collaborating with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to discuss or present analytics and technicalities to a business audience
- Track record of successful execution of results in a team setting
- Strong communication skills with the ability to process and explain complex technical concepts and align the organization on decisions
- Valid driver’s license.
As the Data Scientist, you will be responsible for:
- Interact with business divisions to understand data requirements to develop business insights
- Conduct end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering and requirements specification, processing, analysis, ongoing deliverables, and presentations to translate insights into actionable business solutions
- Build statistical models that leverage tracked metrics from mining sites to identify key opportunities or progress areas from initiatives
- Visualize large sets of data using multiple platforms
- Actively seek and identify where data science can provide value to business areas across the BUs, provide solutions to BUs analytical problems and validate the solution performance
- Engage with stakeholders to ensure that data insights are effectively communicated through the most appropriate data visualization and navigation tools
- Engage with stakeholders and leverage IT resources to ensure that data insights are effectively communicated through the most appropriate data visualization and navigation tools
- Assist in end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering and requirements specification, processing, analysis, ongoing deliverables, and presentations to translate insights into actionable business solutions
- Provide expertise and direction to junior data scientists and consultant groups on efficient approaches to data science models to solve business problems
- Be primarily based at one of our operating mines in Saskatchewan as projects demand.
- Report to the Manager, Converged Technology within the Digital Transformation department in IT.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.