Our client requires the services of an experienced Data Warehouse Architect. The Data Warehousing Architect Spearheads Old BI Platform Migration, and Data Governance activities including establishing, publishing and implementing Data Governance standards, procedures and guidelines.
Assignment Length: 6-month contract
Assignment Starting; September
# of Openings: 1
Top skills for Data Warehouse Architect:
- The Data Warehouse Architect should have the following qualifications, experience & technical capabilities:
- Extensive and demonstrated experience leading successful large-scale/enterprise data warehousing implementations in designing and developing the architecture for all data warehouse components (e.g. tool integration strategy; source system data ETL strategy, data staging, movement and aggregation; information and analytics delivery; and data quality strategy).
- Strong knowledge of applicable data privacy practices, regulatory compliance, governance and data security-related issues.
- Highly developed consulting, presentation and interpersonal skills including written and oral, with demonstrated ability to effectively interact with senior business managers, subject matter experts and business end-users.
- Considerable senior-level experience in developing and operationalizing Data Governance and Management frameworks including establishing, publishing and implementing Data Governance standards, procedures and guidelines.
- BI / DW platform Migration planning & execution experience with emphasis on Dashboards oriented solutions (OBIEE, Tableau)
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of Oracle data warehouse technologies including EDW, ODS, ETL: ODI, Oracle PL/SQL Stored procedure & packages, and BI Tools: Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition 12c including and GIS mapping (MapViewer) applications; Tableau Creator Desktop and Data Prep, Tableau Server and Tableau Public, and BI Connector to leverage DW centralized repository in Tableau Visualization dashboards.
- Knowledge of data modelling and data profiling/data quality tools including Embarcadero ER Studio and SAP information Steward. Experience in multi-dimensional data modelling techniques and implementing enterprise-wide reporting and analytic platforms.
- Proven capabilities/ considerable hands-on experience in using OBIEE 11g/12c architecture & OLAP technology; Tableau Creator with GIS functionality; Data Integration ETL tools, testing and quality assurance (e.g. ODI, Oracle PL/SQL Stored procedures & packages) and other similar tools;
- Considerable experience with Oracle RPD for semantic layer modelling. Designing / Creating BI semantic layer, metadata and report definitions using Oracle BI Application, ODI, Tableau Data prep editor and applying customizations to the ETL, RPD and Tableau Data prep.
- Demonstrated competencies and knowledge of relational database structures, theories, principles, and dimensional data modelling skills.
- Hands-on experience utilizing Data Governance and Management frameworks offered by industry analysts and data management organizations including DAMA.
As the Data Warehouse Architect, you will be responsible for:
- The primary responsibilities of Data Warehouse Architect include, but are not limited to:
- Enhance a robust, sustainable Data Warehouse architecture that supports TPH business requirements, and provide ideas for DW expansion given budgetary constraints and availability of data and skilled resources
- Review business requests, data sources and data warehouse capacity & usage
- Design and direct the information access and delivery effort for the data warehouse
- Enhance existing Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence solution, and guide BI /DW team in developing new data warehouse components ensuring consistency and integration with existing warehouse structure
- Define, update and implement overall Data Warehouse architecture (e.g. EDW, Data Marts, ETL processes using ODI, Oracle PL/SQL Stored procedures and packages, Semantic layer and interactive dashboards using OBIEE 12c (RPD), Tableau Creator and Data Prep)
- Recommend improvements for BI Dashboard and ETL design processes, data quality and testing; Define/help develop the semantic layer, metadata and report definitions
- Direct the data warehouse Metadata capture and access effort; Review data models to ascertain that requirements are met
- Produce design guidelines/Standards for ETLs (Oracle data integrator (ODI), Oracle Stored procedures and packages, Tableau data prep and source to target mappings to ensure a manageable & sustainable ETL infrastructure for TPH BI & DW
- Guide/mentor the BI & Data Warehouse analyst in identifying potential sources of data for the data warehouse and data profiling of the sources.
- Define and direct the implementation of security requirements for the data warehouse
- Define production release requirements and sustainment architecture
- Create migration plan for BI Platform migration from Old custom Java application / Oracle reports to Oracle BI &DW platform and lead the execution
- Develop test plans and Coordinate integration & user acceptance testing (UAT) of data acquisition processes and their implementation into production
- Manage quality control over data analysis and information delivery
- Guide/manage Data Governance activities including establishing, publishing and implementing Data Governance standards, procedures and guidelines
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.