Are you passionate about building scalable products, adhering to high-quality coding standards and being part of a culture that promotes learning and sharing while respecting work-life balance? You’re a self-starter who enjoys autonomy, and you will have the option to work remotely and/or from our office.
We are assisting our client own is seeking a permanent placement for a Drupal Developer.
Assignment Length: Permanent
Assignment Starting; Immediately
# of Openings: 1
Top skills for Drupal Developer:
- Five plus (5+) years Professional Software or Website Development experience;
- Experience building Drupal 7/8 websites, including, but not limited to theme and module development, hooks, views, taxonomies, custom content types, etc.;
- Experience in front-end web technologies such as HTML, CSS, JS;
- Proficiency with Unix-based systems and using CLIs;
- Knowledge of how to interact with APIs;
- Experience with database language and structure, such as MySQL;
- Proficiency with code versioning tools, such as git.
- Strong consideration will be provided to candidates that also offer the following:
- Specific experience with Drupal 8 and object-oriented module development;
- Experience with Symfony, Laravel or other PHP-based web frameworks;
- Experience with reverse proxies such as Varnish;
- Experience with configuring Drupal or WordPress to support multiple languages/locales;
- Experience with containerization, e.g. Docker;
- Experience with modern web application structure, e.g. MVC;
- Experience with headless CMS development and deployment;
- Experience with pre-processors such as SASS or task runners such as Gulp or Webpack;
- Interest in task and testing automation;
- Experience with common server administration tasks;
- Experience with website optimization and accessibility.
As the Drupal Developer, you will be responsible for:
- Work closely with team members to build new websites, add website features and port Drupal 7 sites to Drupal 8/9;
- Participate in code reviews and knowledge-sharing such as pair programming;
- Attend regular sprint activities such as standups, grooming and retrospectives;
- Work closely with our product, graphic design, SEO and business teams to incubate ideas and then execute to make those ideas a reality;
- Code website front-end user interfaces in a combination of HTML, CSS and JS;
- Code website content management back-ends and user-facing application logic;
- Work with our Quality Assurance team to help automate website and application testing and repetitive development tasks;
- Collaborate with other development team members and other departments to drive innovation and help define internal standards;
- Participate in self-directed learning, tech groups and workshops to learn new technologies and expand knowledge.
Our client offers:
- A competitive salary and full benefits from day 1 for you and your family and are 100% employer-paid.
- This would amount to approximately $6k annually for family coverage that you would not have to pay but rather our client pays for all our employees and their families.
- They also offer RRSP with matching contributions whereby they will match your contributions by 50% to a maximum of 3% of your annual salary, once the probationary period ends.
- Get 3 Weeks Vacation, a $500 fitness allowance renewable annually and unlimited sick days. All equipment (Laptops, cell phones etc is provided.
Don’t wait, apply online today or give us a call to find out more details!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.