Our client has an urgent need to fill the position of Information Architect.
Assignment Length: 6 Months Contract
Assignment Starting; September
# of Openings: 1
Top skills for Information Architect :
- Specific Technical Competencies:
- Minimum five plus (5+) years of direct experience in working with Passive Optical Network (PON) ecosystem, including GPON and EPON networks
- Strong knowledge of GPON eco-system and PON platforms, including OLT, ONT, BNG, PCRF and SPDR
- Advanced knowledge of CableLabs DOCSIS 3.0, 3.1, DCA (R-PHY / R-MACPHY), 4.0 standards
- Strong knowledge and experience in DOCSIS I-CCAP / CMTS, DCA (R-PHY and R-MACPHY) architectures, DAA architectures, functions and features
- Working Strong knowledge of IP networking and related protocols, of routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, MPLS), of application services
- Strong knowledge and experience in Cable HFC topologies, architectures and design
- Strong knowledge and experience in Traditional Video services and IPTV, architecture and technologies
- Direct work experience with major infrastructure vendors, including but not limited to Cisco, Casa, Arris, Nokia, Juniper, etc
- Excellent communicator - fluent in English, both written and verbal
- Five plus (5+) years experience with a major network service provider and direct involvement in architecting, designing and managing large-scale communication networks
- Clearly demonstrated ability to conceive, analyze, manage and implement large-scale technology and/or product deployment, consisting of a multitude of dependent and critical platforms, applications, and technologies.
- Very strong analytical ability in translating technology capabilities to meet stated service/product requirements.
- Excellent leadership and coaching skills and demonstrated ability to work as an effective team member.
- A strong and capable communicator both verbally and in writing, with the ability to frame technology issues in business terms and vice versa, and to effectively manage and confront conflicts and issues.
- Strong and effective public speaker, conducted technical workshops/forums and keynotes
- Highly adaptive and flexible to changing environments and priorities
- Well-versed in the latest technology offering, industry standards, capabilities and trends.
Mandatory Skills: Three (3) to seven (7) years of experience:
- ROUTER (3), TELECOMMUNICATIONS (7), CCNA (3), PON/DOCSIS (5)
As the Information Architect, you will be responsible for:
- Liaison with Network and IT technical teams, Products/Business stakeholders, and Finance
- Participate and contribute to the development of the 1-5 year architectural design, integration options and network evolution strategy
- Participate in developing technology options analysis and providing an optimum recommendation that meets the stated requirements in functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, cost and support
- Provide financial and costing assessment, including financial comparison, detailed Total-Cost-of-Ownership (TCO) analysis and recommendation
- Establish necessary testing requirements to evaluate the proposed designs and to validate the technology platform or systems (laboratory, network verification, operational readiness), and provide direction and supervision of testing activities.
- Produce clear, well-crafted design project plans with specified tasks, milestones, and effort required against the desired service introduction and/or modifications to existing services.
- Ability to present information and advise internal and external customers on proposed architectures, strategies, products and/or solutions.
- Be aware and adhere to all applicable Health and Safety regulations, in accordance with legislation and related Company policy.
If reading all that piqued your interest, drop us a line and let us know why you would be a great fit for us. Send us your resume, and anything else you think will impress us!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.