Eagle has an opportunity for an Intermediate Wireless System Designer who will provide technical support to Network Operations, contractors or vendors during the implementation of new systems or fault resolution on existing systems
This position is a 6-month contract to start immediately.
Key Skills for Intermediate Wireless System Designer:
- Three plus (3+) years experience as a Microwave Designer
- Sc. in Electrical Engineering or Engineering.
- Strong background in point-to-point and point microwave system design principles, site selection, path design, frequency coordination and license administration.
- Working knowledge of Pathloss 5 microwave design software and MICS coordination tools.
- Working knowledge of Industry Canada policies and relevant Standard Radio System Plans (SRSPs)
- Highly motivated and adaptable team player capable of working in a fast-paced, fast-changing environment
- Must possess strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
As Intermediate Wireless System Designer, you will be responsible for:
- Maintaining Rogers design standards and guidelines for microwave systems
- Performing microwave path analysis using Pathloss 5, digitized topographic maps and field surveys
- MW system channel selection, conducting interference studies, frequency coordination with another system(s) and/or operators using MICS database, or other analysis tools
- Generating engineering design submissions for implementation of new MW transport systems, or upgrades to existing, including HW upgrades or SW re-provisioning
- Generating RE work orders for third party towers and rooftops
- Generating license applications and supporting documentation required by Industry Canada for license application submissions
- Providing technical support to Network Operations, contractors or vendors during the implementation of new systems or fault resolution on existing systems
Don't miss out on this opportunity, give us a call for more details and apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.