We currently have a new position opening for an experienced Project Control Officer for a 12-month contract starting immediately.
This opportunity is to support our engagement teams and clients by providing advice and counsel on accounting, financial reporting, and strategic business issues. In joining, you’ll help ensure a complete and relevant exchange of information among our consultants and in turn with engagement teams and clients, provide experts advice on a variety of specific topics, support engagement teams in resolving complex issues, and supporting clients and their subsidiaries in evaluating the potential impact of accounting and reporting standard-setting initiatives.
The successful candidate will work a hybrid model remotely from their home office and onsite
Key Skills for Project Control Officer:
- Minimum of two (2) years of relevant experience
- Completed Bachelor’s degree is preferred• CPA or international equivalent is nice to have
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) or Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Previous experience in an Accounting/Professional Services Firm would be a strong asset.
- Applying knowledge strategically
- Viewed as a knowledge leader/expert
- Driving improvements
- Takes ownership for own work’s quality, compliance and technical accuracy.
- Understand ethical behaviour and business practices and ensure own behaviour and the behaviour of others are consistent with these standards and align with the values of the organization.
- Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in the allocated time and meet deadlines.
- Execute duties with significant attention to detail and maintain high-quality standards.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Communicates regularly and professionally with internal colleagues and is able to adapt communication to the specific need, interest and audience
- Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Anticipates and prepares for responses or reactions of others with sensitivity and directness
As the Project Control Officer, you will be responsible for:
- Support engagement teams during long term ongoing audit engagements
- Deliver project management solutions to client engagement teams who provide audit and related services to 2 key high profile clients across Canada
- Interact with engagement team members across the firm to share and collaborate on best practices and the latest industry thinking
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders across multi-disciplinary teams
- Use proven project management methodology, project control processes and tools to provide services that are customizable and scalable depending on our client’s needs.
- Resolve data issues early, and escalating to the engagement team, proposing solutions and communicating them effectively to team members
- Utilize extensive know-how of business financials, reporting process, resource management and management of engagement economics
- Preparing for team and client interactions by anticipating others’ needs and tailoring content appropriately
- Assisting in business writing including the development and presentation of project documents such as project plans; governance structures, status reports, issue registers and other project deliverables
Don't miss out on this opportunity, give us a call for more details and apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.