Our client is seeing a Project Manager. This role has direct responsibility for complete life cycle management and accountability of a project initiative(s) as assigned, ensuring compliance to PM policy, standards and procedures. The role has a direct reporting relationship to a Program Director and works on projects within or outside his/her Directors program group as required within a matrix management model. This is a 3-month contract starting immediately.
Key Skills for Project Manager:
- Three plus (3+) years of experience in agile delivery
- Five plus (5+) years of experience in project management
- Strong negotiation skills and willingness to confront and be confronted
- An effective communicator at all levels, in both structured and non-hierarchical, informal structures
- Politically savvy and sensitivity to cultural diversity
As Project Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Manage all phases of large or several medium, high-risk IT application projects from initiation to closure while leveraging best practice standards and processes set out by PMOs and other industry organizations, including PMI.
- Ensure the team embraces the agile principles, values and framework:
- Coach the development team and help lead and ensure the “agile mindset” is fully adopted and understood
- Provide clear direction and motivation to the agile/project team.
- Manage stakeholder relationships
- Develop and manage detailed Kanban boards, work plans, project schedules, estimates and resource plans in conjunction with project team members and other involved business and IT teams.
- Monitor and report on initiatives highlighting issues and risks appropriately. And, as necessary, coordinate the development, discussion, and approval of corrective action and/or contingency plans.
- Define and manage project risks and issues ensuring appropriate strategies
- Ensure effective and timely communication occurs within the project team and between the project team and their stakeholders.
- Ensure that appropriate processes, tools and techniques are available and used by the project team.
- Ensure those project activities and deliverables adhere to internal quality standards.
Don't miss out on this opportunity, give us a call for more details and apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.