Our client is seeking to fill a permanent placement for a Senior Program Manager.
The Senior Program Manager will provide leadership and guidance on LARGE-sized, complex, enterprise-level programs, with a yearly spend of between $5m-$7.5m, encompassing several workstreams/teams and multiple vendors leveraging both Agile and Traditional project management practices and working closely with business and technical teams.
Assignment Length: Permanent
Assignment Starting; Immediately
# of Openings: 1
Top skills for Senior Program Manager:
- University degree or college diploma in a related discipline
- Certification in Agile and Project Management, including PMI PMP, Agile Certification, Certified Scrum Master, and other professional designations
- Experience in leading programs with multiple work streams and yearly budgets of $1M-$5m
- Reporting to Senior Level Executive e.g. Director, AVP, VP
- Manage day to day activities of 16+ resources including performance tracking and year-end feedback
- HR Manager for 1+ PMO resources (Agile Project Coordinator, Agile Project Specialist, Agile Project Manager)
As the Senior Program Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Daily management of Agile Project Managers and vendors and their project team deliverables, managing program level interdependencies and reallocating team resources across the program to achieve targeted results. Provide performance feedback and suggesting opportunities for improvement.
- Develop and manage the Integrated Sprint plan and establish and lead Agile ceremonies to support interdependency management across multiple project streams and teams in excess. Provide expert knowledge and coaching on Sprint planning, EPIC/Story creation, Story elaboration, Development assessments and pointing, Acceptance criteria, Sprint Reviews (Demos) and Program level Sprint Retrospectives and monitor progress through Daily stand-ups with Agile Project Managers and Scrum of Scrums with Agile Project Managers and Product Owners. Utilize tools such as JIRA to optimize delivery effectiveness.
- Work with Product Owners and Sponsors in the development, maintenance and prioritization of the Program level MVP scope. Provide expertise in optimal decision-making; engage other stakeholders as needed for consultation and guidance throughout the course of the program. Manage internal and external costs at the program level to ensure work deliverables do not exceed the stated budget. Where required, seek additional funding through established change request processes.
- Through management of the Integrated Sprint Plan, identify and resolve program level blockers, issues, conflicts and impediments creating an actional plan to resolve and/or escalate issues to executive sponsors as needed. Act as an escalation point for Agile Project Managers to resolve blockers. Report to executive-level leaders daily/weekly on the status of resolution.
- Compile and deliver accurate reporting on program progress, using a deep knowledge of tools such as JIRA, Confluence; Communicate reporting clearly and accurately with all stakeholders and represent to executive-level sponsors to provide ongoing updates on progress, risks and general project/delivery health status tailoring the vocabulary and content to the audience and calibrating to accurately reflect delivery of value. Leadership levels include VP and C-level. Support material being developed for Board level audience.
- Work in the capacity of or with support from the Agile Coach to Increase Agile adoption within the program, influence change and increase collaboration, predictability, transparency and promote a culture of experimentation and innovation. optimize the delivery model and agile practice to ensure that programs are delivered as effectively as possible with a goal of increasing speed to market and improving business value. Increase Agile adoption within the program, influence change and increase collaboration, predictability, transparency and promote a culture of experimentation and innovation.
- Support the Agile Project Managers with optimization of the delivery model and agile practice. Collaborate with other areas in the organization to increase efficiencies and remove risks to successful deployment. Ensure all aspects of the program are in place to ensure a successful launch including Dev Ops and Release Management, TS and Business release readiness. Support Program close reports and Benefits Realization.
Our client offers a competitive salary and full benefits, Don't wait to apply for this great career opportunity. Give us a call and speak to a recruiter today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.