Eagle is assisting our client’s search for a Senior-level Project Manager who can manage all aspects of a project end-to-end. There is a significant amount of focus on the coms and reporting and will be delivering/presenting reports regularly to the Senior Executive team. They must have excellent communication and presentation skills.
Assignment Length: 12-month contract
Assignment Starting; Immediately
# Of Openings: Various positions are available
Top skills for Senior Project Manager:
- A minimum of 5-7 years of IT Project Management. Proven ability to manage large-scale and complex projects, lasting 6 to 12+ months in duration and requiring cross-functional teams of 20 or more people in a matrix environment to deliver.
- Strong knowledge of project management methodology and best practices (e.g., PMI), proficiency using Project Management Tools including MS Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and MS Project, and strong understanding of the Project Life Cycle. Formal project management training is desirable; PMI/PMP certification is not required but is considered an asset.
- Experience in Information Technology and background knowledge of the telecommunications industry enable you to guide project requirements appropriately identify risks, and direct analysis is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral & written to manage the project horizontally and vertically.
- Proven facilitation, planning & organization skills
- Proven leadership skills to negotiate, motivate and manage large teams
- Ability to manage ambiguity, uncertainty, and changing priorities
As the Senior Project Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Manage and lead a small group of Developers, including, but not limited to, resourcing, budget forecasting, workload management, project assessments, escalation management.
- Gather project funding requirements, develop business cases, and present at various councils and committees for review and approval – IT CIO, BRS IPC, Infrastructure
- Manage project financials, and ensure accurate invoicing & budget documentation – including PEATS Due Diligence
- Engage in major BRS ordering releases by working collaboratively with various stakeholders, internal departments, and vendors to secure project funding define project deliverables, including overseeing all design, development, and implementation activities.
- Build and maintain project budget and schedule, determine resource requirements and associated gaps.
- Proactively identify and manage project risks and risk mitigation strategies.
- Proactively develop deployment strategies to mitigate risks.
- Provide leadership and guidance to cross-functional project team members and liaise with various functional domains (Technology, Operations, Development, Marketing, Service Bureau, Sales.) to maximize the likelihood of project success. Actively participate in identifying solutions or initiating appropriate escalation where required.
- Provide relevant and high-quality project governance and communication to sponsors, executives, and project team members, including key project milestones, issue logs, budget reports, weekly status reports, and risk assessments/contingency plans.
- Respond to issues and manage the customer’s expectations regarding any changes throughout the project life cycle
- Drive innovation and simplicity – identify opportunities and drive process improvements, standardization, and enablers to gain efficiencies in project delivery and life cycles.
Our client is a leader in their field, and this position will close for submissions soon! Apply today.
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, we will only be contacting candidates with the required skills. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle. Work with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.