We currently have a position open for a Senior Software Developer (WordPress) for a 6-month contract starting immediately.
Key Skills for Senior Software Developer (WordPress):
- Five plus (5+) years Professional Software or Website Development experience;
- Experience building websites in WordPress using a custom theme and custom plugin development;
- Experience using WordPress methodologies including, but not limited to custom post types, custom taxonomies, WP Query, shortcodes, Advanced Custom Fields, etc.;
- Experience with configuring WordPress to support multiple languages/locales;
- Experience coding in PHP (object-oriented programming, dependency management, templating engines);
- Experience in front-end web technologies like HTML, CSS, JS;
- Proficiency with Unix-based systems and using CLIs;
- Knowledge of how to interact with APIs;
- Experience with database language and structure, such as MySQL;
- Proficiency with code versioning tools, such as git.
- Strong consideration will be provided to candidates that also offer the following:
- Experience with other CMS frameworks, such as Drupal;
- Experience with Symfony, Laravel or other PHP-based web frameworks;
- Experience with containerization, e.g. Docker;
- Experience with modern web application structure, e.g. MVC;
- Experience with headless CMS development and deployment;
- Experience with pre-processors such as SASS or task runners such as Gulp or Webpack;
As the Senior Software Developer (WordPress), you will be responsible for:
- Work closely with team members to build new websites and website features in diverse markets and tech stacks;
- Participate in code reviews and knowledge sharing such as pair programming;
- Attend regular sprint activities such as standups, grooming and retrospectives;
- Work closely with our product, graphic design, SEO and business teams to incubate ideas and then execute to make those ideas a reality;
- Code website front-end user interfaces in a combination of HTML, CSS and JS;
- Code website content management back-ends and user-facing application logic;
- Work with our Quality Assurance team to help automate website and application testing and repetitive development tasks;
- Collaborate with other development team members and other departments to drive innovation and help define internal standards;
- Participate in self-directed learning, tech groups and workshops to learn new technologies and expand knowledge.
Don't miss out on this opportunity, give us a call for more details and apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.