Eagle currently has a career opportunity for an experienced Senior Systems Administrator/operations support specialist. We are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
Assignment Length: 12-month contract
Assignment Starting; January
# of Openings: 1
Top skills for Senior Systems Administrator/Operations Support Specialist:
- A technical diploma or degree in electronics technology from a recognized technical institute/college with extensive knowledge and several years of practical experience in applying theories, principles and practices of voice, data, radio, information technology and satellite telecommunications engineering or an equivalent combination of education and practical experience.
- Good knowledge and experience of integrated voice and data switching systems, computer data communications architecture, radio-trunking systems design and P25 standards.
- Ability to use essential Radio Frequency test equipment such as wattmeter, voltmeter, system monitor or analyzer.
- Knowledge of primary vehicle electrical systems relative to radio installation and problems.
- Desktop hardware components include chips, motherboards, BIOS, memory, network cards, media, interfaces, printers and other peripherals.
- Personal computer technologies and operating systems.
- Local Area Network and various network topologies/configurations.
- Server operating system configurations and services and domain architectures such as Windows Internet Name Service, Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol, Remote Access Service, Internet Protocol addressing, networking addresses, printer queues and naming conventions.
- Personal computer security threats and solutions.
- Ontario Public Service (OPS), Health Services I&IT Cluster, Ministry and Branch policies, guidelines and directives for information technology use and support within recognized systems management practices and procedures to ensure compliance in all technical support and services provided to the CACC.
- Knowledge of government Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) incident, problem, asset and change management practices, project management and time management methodologies, and clients' business processes and requirements to recommend technical solutions which promote the Ministry IT strategies and goals while also meeting business needs/priorities of clients.
- CACC systems integration and interface requirements to support continued interoperability of all systems and services
- Understanding of emergency health services in Ontario, including ambulance communications, operations and practices, associated standards, policies, and guidelines, as well as interface with/delivery of other emergency communications services (e.g. police, fire) to support communications and interface requirements within the context of the emergency services framework.
- IT training techniques to participate and assist in delivering training to users and vendors and developing training materials.
- Systems and business operational disciplines and processes; skills in negotiation, conflict and problem resolution, change management and project coordination; current knowledge in new technologies and trends that may benefit emergency health services.
- Current and emerging telecommunications systems technologies, including voice, data, satellite, information technology and radio telecommunication systems used in the CACC environment to provide technical expertise, advice and troubleshooting support for communications systems within the assigned CACCs.
- Telecommunications installation, configuration, testing, and diagnostic procedures, tools and equipment (e.g. wattmeter, voltmeter, tone generator, GUI-based and DOS/Character based applications) and vehicle electrical systems are relative to radio installations and problems to coordinate/perform installations, configurations, testing and maintenance as an on-site technical expert.
- Knowledge of and can interpret and apply relevant sections of related legislation (e.g. the Ambulance Act, Personal Health Information Protection Act).
As the Senior Systems Administrator/Operations Support Specialist, you will be responsible for:
- 24 X 7 on-site and remote support of all emergency 911 ambulance dispatching equipment
- Technical expertise and coordination of administration, monitoring, management, implementation and support of:
- Desktops and network and server environments for IT, Radio and Telephone
- Ambulance Communication Centre (ACC) integrated 911 solutions such as CAD, radio, phone, GIS and paging, within one or more assigned ACC's
- Paramedic and Ambulance Communication Officer technical subject matter expertise in multiple technology-related projects, including but not limited to, Radio, Telecom, Satellite Systems, and Digital Voice Recording and Retrieval
- Execute and support 911 dispatch centres emergency COOP activation plans
Don't miss out on this opportunity. Apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle. Work with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.