1. They make things happen … they make decisions, they find a way, they move towards a goal!
2. They lead by example … they do not use the phrase, “Do as as I say, not as I do!”
3. They treat everyone equitably … they don’t play favorites, they build a team culture.
4. They strive for continuous improvement … they want to grow their organizations, to get better at what they do.
5. They are empathetic … recognising that we all need an ear sometimes.
6. They are tough … they make the tough decisions, they dole out “tough love”.
7. They have a strong work ethic … they are productive, they don’t work less than they expect their staff to work.
8. They are consistent … you always know where you stand with them.
9. They listen … they are not afraid to hire strong people, and they listen to them.
10. They are glass half full people … they motivate those around them!
If YOU want to be a leader then you should strive to be a good leader, and work on these attributes. Good leaders are made NOT born!
“Leadership does not always wear the harness of compromise.” … Woodrow Wilson
Kevin Dee is CEO of Eagle (a Professional Staffing Company)
Want to know where Canada’s hot jobs are? Visit the Eagle Job Centre!