1. They make things happen … they make decisions, they find a way, they move towards a goal!
2. They lead by example … they do not use the phrase, “Do as as I say, not as I do!”
3. They treat everyone equitably … they don’t play favorites, they build a team culture.
4. They strive for continuous improvement … they want to grow their organizations, to get better at what they do.
5. They are empathetic … recognising that we all need an ear sometimes.
6. They are tough … they make the tough decisions, they dole out “tough love”.
7. They have a strong work ethic … they are productive, they don’t work less than they expect their staff to work.
8. They are consistent … you always know where you stand with them.
9. They listen … they are not afraid to hire strong people, and they listen to them.
10. They are glass half full people … they motivate those around them!
If YOU want to be a leader then you should strive to be a good leader, and work on these attributes. Good leaders are made NOT born!
“Leadership does not always wear the harness of compromise.” … Woodrow Wilson
Kevin Dee is the founder and Chairman of Eagle (a Professional Staffing Company)
Want to know where Canada’s hot jobs are? Visit the Eagle Job Board!
Have you tried Eagle’s (very cost effective) Virtual Recruiter service?