Continuing with my theme about current economic conditions and the affect that is having on everyone I thought I would try a pick-me-up blog entry today. Short and hopefully SWEET!
I decided to list some of the things that are positive in all of our lives, here in Canada (and the Western World).
- We live in a free and democratic society … nobody is going to be hauling us off to political prisons anytime soon.
- The vast majority of us will have 3 square meals and a roof over our heads tonight.
- If you are reading this then you also have internet access, and presumably access to many forms of electronic entertainment.
- I am very thankful for my health and the ability to look after it by working out this morning.
- I am also grateful that I can abuse it by drinking too much wine (and scotch) on Saturday night … thanks Richard, I’m OK today!
- I’m thankful for my family … what is more important?
- I’m thankful that I live in a beautiful city with lots of amenities and a low crime rate.
- I’m thankful that despite the market’s best efforts there are still a few dollars in the bank!
- I will get on a plane this evening and head to Toronto for a few days … how cool is that!
- I am grateful that I have a job, I work with great people and we bring value to our clients.
- I am grateful that I will get to spend this holiday season with my (grown up) kids.
I had a similar blog entry a little while ago called What a Wonderful World. There is SO much to be grateful for … we can’t let the negative take over!!!