- This is a privilege of our democracy that people in other parts of the world would love to have;
- This is a privilege of our democracy that our parents and grandparents fought and died to preserve;
- This is your chance to influence the government that affects you;
- If you are reading this then likely you are intelligent, we NEED intelligent people voting;
- If the wrong people are elected they might spend YOUR money unwisely;
- The wrong people elected might represent YOU in a way you do not want to be represented;
- Voter turnout in Canada is generally low … don’t let a few voters decide who will govern;
- Some people don’t like what the elected government have done, for them it will be important to vote for change;
- Some people are concerned that a change will not be in Canada’s best interests and for them it will be important to vote the current administration back;
- If you want to set an example for the future generations, then demonstrate that democracy is a good thing by voting.
There are probably 100 good reasons to vote, but hopefully the 10 mentioned make you think.
Understand the issues and don’t get caught up in the rhetoric.
Understand what the parties really offer.
Vote with your head, and be a part of Canada’s democratic process.
Kevin Dee is CEO of Eagle (a Professional Staffing Company)
Want to know where Canada’s hot jobs are? Visit the Eagle Job Board!
Have you tried Eagle’s (very cost effective) Virtual Recruiter service?