I have a very small collection of newspaper articles that are meaningful to me. I don’t revisit them often, but I do have a file folder in my desk with the title KEVIN’s MOTIVATION containing these articles.
Obviously this is a very personal thing and different things will inspire different people. I adopted the reverse psychology approach for this file … these are stories that would NEVER be about Kevin Dee!
One headline (without naming names) refers to someone as a “Lame duck CEO”, just after a local Ottawa company had gone into bankruptcy. Another is a headline of a local entrepreneur that reads “Rebel to Rubble” and again refers to a failed company. I also have articles that talk about executives who have fallen foul of the law in recent years.
These are reminders to me that I need to keep working hard to be successful, I can never become complacent.
What articles would inspire you?
– Perhaps stories articles about successful people?
– Maybe you would get a lift from stories about good deeds?
– Stories about heroism or great sacrifice might motivate.
– Perhaps stories reminding you about the freedoms others do not have?
– Stories about dictators, about civil war and famine might remind you how good we have it here in Canada.
– Maybe stories about yourself when you won awards.
There are so many stories in the papers everyday there must be some that will touch you in a way that you could use to motivate yourself! Try it!