Here are some thoughts …
1. Take some ACTION … do something positive. Just doing something often helps to focus the mind on a positive outcome.
2. Do something for someone else. Its interesting but the act of giving can be very positive for us personally.
3. Spend time with those positive influences in your life … avoid the “downers” or negative people.
4. Listen to uplifting music … avoid the melancholy!
5. Spend some time thinking and writing down all of the things for which you should be grateful. (Keep and grow this list over time … you can pull it out next time you get a hit of “the blues”.)
6. Be NICE to yourself … give yourself a present, don’t be so self-critical about any little faults, give yourself some time to feel good!
7. I always feel better if I feel I have accomplished something … so just getting my “To Do” list under control and knocking off a couple of “easy” items makes me feel better.
8. Have a good work out … those endorphins work every time!
9. Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff!
10. Walk Fast and Smile
Kevin Dee is CEO of Eagle (a Professional Staffing Company)
Want to know where Canada’s hot jobs are? Visit the Eagle Job Centre!