We run from task to task, from appointment to appointment and forget to appreciate the people around us.
“We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.” Winston Churchill
It doesn’t take much, and if you look for the good you will find it.
Here are some recent examples of awesome people that I have seen. Any of these could be your colleague or your next door neighbor … or you!
- This Saturday ten (10) awesome people will participate in a white collar boxing event called the Fight to End Cancer. People who have never boxed before, who endured months of grueling training and will box in front of 500 people. Totally awesome! (PS that is them in the picture above!)
- The young lady who bought a meal for a homeless person.
- The business lady who was rushing to an appointment but took time to help an elderly man across a busy street.
- The many polite people who take time to hold a door open for those coming behind them.
- The people serving in cafes and restaurants who have a big, infectious smile!
- The receptionists who actually make you feel welcome when you walk into the dentist, an office, the bank etc.
- The person in the elevator with a smile and a cheery word first thing in the morning.
If we take a few minutes we can see them every day, ordinary people who make us smile or feel good.
“What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us. What we have done for others and the world, remains and is immortal.” Albert Pike
If everyone could do some small (or big) thing every day to make people smile then we could make this world just a little better than the “awesome” that it already is!
Are you up for the challenge?
Kevin Dee is CEO of Eagle (a Professional Staffing Company)
Gain a competitive edge! Join Eagle’s Executive Consulting Network!
Find Canada’s top hot jobs, updated in real-time! Visit Eagle’s Job Centre!
Have you tried Eagle’s (very cost effective) VirtualRecruiter service?