1. You get more done … at work AND at home.
2. You can allot time to the things you WANT to do because you are getting the things done, that you NEED to do.
3. You will be more productive at work … which will translate into career development.
4. You will be more reliable to the people in your life … because you won’t forget “stuff”.
5. You will feel more in control … which reduces stress.
6. You will get satisfaction from the mere act of being organised … it feels good when you “knock off” those tasks.
7. You will get better at estimating how long things take and how much effort will be involved.
8. It will prepare you for management (or make you a better manager) … because you NEED to be organised enough to ensure your employees are organised!
10. You enhance the professionalism of your personal brand.
Just do it!
Here is a link to Ten Productivity Blog Entries of mine that might give you an idea or two about getting more organised.
Kevin Dee is founder of Eagle (a Professional Staffing Company)
Want to know where Canada’s hot jobs are? Visit the Eagle Job Centre!
Have you tried Eagle’s (very cost effective) VirtualRecruiter service?