I have a few file folders in my office that I use to collect “goodies” as I come across them. I have a file I call “Kevin’s Motivation” which I have blogged about before. It contains a few newspaper articles about CEOs who have failed … my motivation here is to not join them!
I also have a file that contains pieces that were interesting and/or motivating when I read them first and which I think I might read again.
I was digging through that file folder today and came across a piece of paper titled The Journey of Life. I have no idea where it came from and so I hope I don’t offend anyone by republishing its content. Here is what is says …
Ten common sense principles for reducing stress in our lives
(95% of the stress in your life is self-induced)
Kevin’s comment … This seems to fit well with yesterday’s blog entry.
1. Do not exaggerate the negative in your life.
2. Do not replay bad experiences over and over again.
3. Choose to function with a positive attitude whenever possible.
4. Learn to break out of your reactive modes.
5. Be aware of the quality of your self talk.
6. Learn to create positive images in your mind when you face new challenges.
7. Learn to let things go.
8. Accept the things you cannot change.
9. Take ownership of your day before you leave home.
10. Never lose your sense of humour.
Before I can take good care of anyone or anything, I must first take good care of myself!