I blogged about my issues with Virgin Wines on the afternoon of Saturday December 23rd. I had just received an email from these guys to say my order (placed 10 days previously) could not be delivered in time for Xmas. I was not happy … what am I supposed to do for family members across the Atlantic at that point?
Well … it just keeps getting worse!
– The Virgin website says, “We aim to deliver in 2 working days … ”.
– The Virgin website says, “We deliver over 99% of our orders within 7 days.”
– My delivery STILL has not arrived … 3 WEEKS later!
– Their answer is a 10 pound credit … give it to someone who cares!
– They miss my family’s Xmas, they don’t even get there for New Year … I wonder if they will make it in time for Valentine’s Day?
– They say, “ … we have done all possible at our end but it is in the hands of our couriers now”. Gotta like that “award winning” customer service … it is the courier’s fault!
– Twice they have told me they will call to discuss the issues … no calls yet. Maybe they can’t afford a long distance call? Maybe they don’t know how to make one? Maybe it is their courier’s fault!
Wake up Virgin … the courier is YOU as far as I am concerned. You have my money, you made the commitments, you have not delivered … so to answer the question at the start of my rant I think Virgin Wines is REALLY bad!
NOTE: The Virgin BRAND is typically a positive association … now it is a very tarnished brand as far as I am concerned. Pity … because I always viewed Richard Branson as a bit of a hero.